vendredi 26 avril 2013

[REVIEW] AA#1 - The Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom

This weekend, my group of players, consisting of four first-level player characters (a magic-user, two warriors and a Lawful priest) and their henchmen (a bunch of six greedy and quarrelsome  mercenaries) entered the Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom. 
  
Yes, I know what you are thinking : this adventure is written for 6-8 adventurers of levels 2-4. But the guys in question are veterans : they played the Tomb of Horrors and emerged... almost alive.

So, let's review ! 

In my opinion, Matt Finch created a very good module. He renewed the dungeon commonplace with loads of good ideas while respecting the characteristics of the genre. It's not enough to roll over, but it's enough to enjoy an unforgettable moment. 
In addition, an adventure in which there are mushrooms and pods cannot be bad, can it ? I even think I will often use the Shrooms (I've translate the word Shroom into "Champire" for my French players) in my campaign world as large-scale villains (I must buy Demonspore)

 

Mark : 7/10    

NB : Seemingly, there are two sequels (Down the Shadowvein and the Mouth of the Shadowvein) but it's not the same author and these adventures reproduce so well the design of D1-D2 that it is unhealthy.


PS : The player characters succeed the adventure ; they are rich and level 3 !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire